New student registrations are currently being accepted on-line as well as by appointment at each of the district's school buildings. Registrations will be accepted Monday-Friday 9 AM-2 PM.
Registration packets along with supporting documents are also accepted via the district's Skyward Student Information System using the link below.
Kindergarten registration with kindergarten screening is conducted in the month of February at the elementary school. Children must be 5 years of age by September 1st of the year they plan to start school. We are excited to offer a full-day program for our district residents.
Submit the following paperwork:
The Penn Hills Board of School Directors requires the following documents be submitted as proof of residence at the time of enrollment:
- Valid PA Department of Transportation: license or identification with current district address
- (2) current (within 30 days) utility bills (gas, electric, cable, water) with PHSD address
In addition, the parent/guardian will also present the following for the child(ren):
- Student's immunization records
- Written statement from prior school district or a medical office that the required immunization records have been administered or that a required series is being administered
- Verbal assurances from a prior school district or medical office that required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship, if applicable. (Sworn statement of resident in support of free school privileges for nonresident child)
- Student's Birth Certificate, Passport or Baptismal Certificate
No child will be registered until residency can be proven. No child will be admitted to school without proof of immunizations.
The above list of acceptable documents is subject to change at any time according to mandated requirements of for the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The school district reserves the right to request proof of residency of any resident with school age children at any time.
Penn Hills Elementary
1078 Jefferson Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-793-7000, Ext. 7113
Linton Middle School
250 Aster Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-793-7000, Ext. 6124
- Child's birth certificate, passport or baptismal certificate
- Parent or Guardian's photo ID with current PHSD address
- Child's immunization records
- (2) current (within 30 days) utility bills with PHSD address showing on the document
Additional Documents, if applicable:
- Affidavit of Residency
- Affidavit of Guardianship
- Foster Care Agency Placement Letter
- Applicable Court Orders
- McKinney Vento (homeless) Form
- Student Background Questionaire if another language is spoken in the home
Recently, CFO John Zahorchak stepped up to the podium to unveil the preliminary details of the budget process for the 2024-2025 fiscal year. In a straightforward presentation, Zahorchak provided a thorough overview of the financial roadmap ahead, tackling the district's budget planning intricacies head-on.
We are excited to share insights from a compelling presentation delivered by our dedicated Penn Hills School District Principals - Tricia Mayo, Sandy Barker, and Kristin Brown. The presentation focused on the critical topic of school data, shedding light on various aspects that are essential for the continuous improvement and success of our educational environment.
We are thrilled to announce some major updates to our Yuhas-McGinley Stadium, as presented by our Director of Plant Services, Brandon Chabola. In a comprehensive presentation, Brandon outlined the forthcoming renovations that are set to transform our stadium into a state-of-the-art facility, with work beginning this June.
Penn Hills Elementary is set to embark on a significant technological enhancement, with the scheduled upgrade of our Aruba wireless access points this President's Day. This initiative is a testament to our unwavering commitment to fostering a cutting-edge educational environment, where technology serves as a cornerstone of our students' learning journey.
We are now in the peak season of COLD and FLU as well as COVID. To prevent a widespread of bacteria/viruses, we recommend that your child stay home from school if experiencing cold/flu/Covid symptoms.