To arrange to have a student out of class early, a parent must send a note with the student or call the School Attendance Office (ext. 6124). If someone other than the parent or guardian is picking up the student, it must be stated on the note or explained when calling. A photo ID by the parent/guardian/designee is required for a student being removed from school. The Pennsylvania Department of Education does not approve of any early dismissal unless emergency conditions exist.
Early dismissals will be permitted only if one of these conditions is met:
- The student presents a doctor or dentist’s appointment on official medical stationary.
- The parent appears in person at the appropriate school attendance office to accompany the student.
- The student has submitted a written request from the parent/guardian upon arrival to school, and a member of the office staff has validated the request.
- If you become ill during the day, you must be properly excused by the Health Office, or the Main Office.
- In compliance with the Pennsylvania School Code, early dismissals for purposes of any type of employment will not be considered.
- Early dismissal forms must be procured from the Attendance Office.
- An approved early dismissal does not automatically permit student parking on school grounds.
- Students must attend at least four (4) class periods during the day in order to qualify for participation in after-school and evening activities.